Posted on October 22, 2013
Mostly things we don’t want to forget. Not things we’re telling you to make. All recipes should be sanity checked.
- Unless specified, all onions are yellow. Not white. Not sweet.
- My goto rice is Tamanishiki Genmai a very good short-grained brown rice.
- El Yucateco Kutbil-Ik is my current favorite day-to-day hot sauce. It’s cheap, easy to find, and has more than enough flavor to balance its heat.
- If I’m splurging, CaJohn’s pepper purees are tastey.
- Cookware doesn’t get any better than Falk Culinair
- All my favourite utensils seem to come from Dexter-Russell
- I’m a fan of HDPE cutting boards, like Sanalite. For my kitchen, 18x12x3/4″ is the perfect size
- My favourite cookbooks
- Costco gets a bad rap for the sheer amount of HFCS, and other crap, they sell but we go there almost weekly for fish, vegetables, and fruit. They’re great.
- I dig Anchorage Restaurant Supply. They always have what I’m looking for, and what I didn’t know I was looking for.
- Living in Alaska, I often see the problem-solving side of merchants. the wok shop has always treated me well.
- I’ve been buying teas from Holy Mountain Trading Company for over 10 years. With their selection, prices, and service, I’ve never been tempted to try another.